8.24.2008

Soy Vay Fusion Perfectly Represented On Grocery Store Shelf

Soy Vay is an awesome little company that makes hands down the best terriyaki sauce that you have ever in your whole life had. The story is that a Chinese girl met a Jewish boy, and Soy Vay is born! Much deliciousness ensues. While buying rice wine vinegar today, I discovered that they also make a dressing for Chinese chicken salad, in addition to all of the terriyaki goodness.

I also noticed that the stocker at the local QFC engaged in some brilliant placement. Please note the bottle of dressing nestled happily between the Jewish and Asian "ethnic" sections. Straddling the line and bridging the great divide between two ancient cultures, just as it should be.

On a fairly unrelated side note, during high school, I lived almost entirely on Manischewitz egg and onion matzoh crackers and sugared green tea, which means, I suppose, that I too did my part to bridge that divide. Go me!

No comments: