6.25.2008

From the Archives: Daft Punk :: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Somehow winter still has her claws in the Pacific Northwest. It's almost May, and we're forecast snow this coming weekend. Snow! (I'll spare you my usual tirade about what physically impossible acts may be performed on this particular part of the country, my own little corner of hell.) In any event, we were teased by 80 degrees over the past weekend, only to be thrust back into the 50s and below (with rain!) immediately after.

Needless to say, it has not been happy times. I am on day three of a nonstop Neko Case marathon, and, while it is indeed comforting, Neko tends to be a little, dare we say, dark? Sometimes you just need to take pause and make your own sunshine, or perhaps be steered to some on YouTube, as is certainly the case here. (Even though I firmly believe that YouTube is leading to the complete downfall of Western Civilization, and exposing the ugly underbelly of the American experience, I can sometimes forgive it. Times like this.)

Back story? Dunno. Two french boys, "Jay" and "KIng Julian" made an absolutely hands down amazing video for Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" (as a response to a similar video by two girls), and then put it on the interwebs. This is about as much homework as you can expect from a blog. I mean, I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but the internet's not really big on fact checking. Anyway, enjoy.

F

No comments: