6.25.2008

From the Archives: Electrelane


As per Electrelane's website, and following the genius of 2007's No Shouts No Calls, Electrelane is calling it quits for the time being, or, rather, "the foreseeable future". Well, we all know what that means. That means no more Electrelane, forever.

Why is it that good bands call it quits all the time, yet Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones*, and The Eagles will always be around? Help me out here, 'cause I need to know.

*Not to discount amazing records such as Sticky Fingers, Beggar's Banquet, Exile On Main Street and Let it Bleed, but, c'mon people, when was the last time they put out something like that? Seriously. It's like going to see Flock of Seagulls on tour. Play "I Ran", and let me get on with my evening.

If you don't have/haven't heard No Shouts No Calls, buy it now! And if you had a chance to catch the band opening for The Arcade Fire last summer, count yourself among the fortunate.

No comments: