6.25.2008

Here We Go Again


This is not so much a beginning as a continuation. I've started and stopped countless blogs for countless reasons -- Livejournal, Blogger, tumblr, Blogger again -- for varying reasons, but mostly for the reason that I just wasn't into it. This is no exception. Most recently I co-edited a blog called Duck and Cover Music, and, ultimately, I just wasn't that into it. Like every new relationship or endeavor it started promisingly yet faultered when you got into the meat of it. The format no longer fit my goals, my style. It was like a too small wool suit that gapped at the sleeves and the cuffs, scratching and irritating exposed skin.

This is like a new suit; somewhere that I may (hopefully) come to express what I want out of a blog; something that just, you know, fits. I'm sure that it will scratch and tug, but, ultimately, instead of an ill fitted suit, it will be more akin to a new skin that grows with me; though tight at times, it's for the best. So, enjoy my selection of personal narrative, music reviews, mp3s, bits from the web, and, ultimately, assorted ephemera that I acquire along the way. I'll also be migrating over pieces from my work at Duck And Cover that I think are worth giving the archival treatment and a second airing. My "style" tends toward the overly formal and the inconsistent, but I hope to work these things out with time; ultimately my goal is to entertain and practice my writing. I hope that you enjoy what you read, but mainly I hope that I can be bothered to update with some sort of frequency that inspires repeat visits.

If it doesn't work out, hey, there's always next time, right?

No comments: